SOFTWARE PROCESS DEVELOPMENT
AEGIS works closely with its clients to develop their software processes in accordance with the requirements of BS EN50128 to determine the correct safety integrity level for each specific application. The measures necessary for allocating safety functions to software include:
• Identifying hazards, assessing risks and arriving at risks based on risk criteria,
• Identifying the necessary risk reduction to meet the risk acceptance criteria,
• Defining an overall System Safety Requirements Specification for the safeguards necessary to achieve the required risk reduction,
• Selecting a suitable system architecture,
• Planning, monitoring and controlling the technical and managerial activities necessary to translate the System Safety Requirements Specification into a Safety-Related System of a validated safety integrity.
AEGIS can help with some or all of this process.
PROJECT MANAGEMENT AND ENGINEERING
AEGIS provides Project Management and Engineering Support to its clients which gives them greater flexibility in managing their project workload without the time and cost of employing additional full time resource.
We are flexible and responsive. Projects undertaken for clients cover all disciplines including mechanical, electrical and software engineering. They can be turnkey projects producing a specific deliverable or we can provide engineers as part of a larger project team.
Our engagements range from a few days work by a single engineer to much longer term projects involving a number of AEGIS engineers across many disciplines.
AEGIS engineers and project managers are deployed on general project engineering or more specialist tasks.
We have extensive experience of Project Management through feasibility/concept to design, test and validation, including procurement / manufacture, system integration and service introduction / reliability growth monitoring & management. We are able to mobilise a team to manage a whole project or we can supply resource to simply put together a baseline plan.
STRUCTURAL ENGINEERING & FEA
Working at the heart of many railway projects, AEGIS offers structural engineering support and consultancy to rolling stock providers and OEMs worldwide.
AEGIS has built a respected reputation amongst its clients in delivering detailed and thorough structural assessments of challenging engineering designs. We, at AEGIS, deliver a wide range of structural assessments for railway applications such as:
• Rail vehicle bodyshell structures: in full or parts, including external doors, bodyside pillars, carriage header diaphragm, solebar and vehicle underframe structures.
• Traction system equipment: including structural failure analysis, system thermal expansion study and rotors assessments (case study: Rotor Assessment).
• Body-mounted equipment: from small electrical components to internal furniture and underframe attached equipment (case study: ATS’ Traction Locker Frame).
• Bogie frame analysis and bogie attached equipment (Case Study: Track Irregularity Analysis)
Some projects require more specialist engineering knowledge for specific tasks. Through its own engineers and network of associates, AEGIS is able to support its clients by providing this expert resource.
Whether it is a simple Human Factors analysis for a new component or a full blown cab evaluation, we are able to help.
If you have a specific requirement for specialist knowledge, please get in touch and we will work closely with you to satisfy your needs.