LEVEL CROSSING RISK ASSESSMENTS
AEGIS has a dedicated team of engineers skilled at producing suitable and sufficient level crossing risk assessments as mandated by Network Rail and the ORR. We have developed a bespoke level crossing risk assessment methodology that reduces the time to undertake the overall risk assessment process, which includes:
- • Site surveying of any crossing type;
- • Identifying compliance issues with existing Level Crossing Orders, Network Rail Standards and the ORR Railway Safety Publication 7;
- • Considering environmental factors (including flood risks);
- • Taking into account the effect of local businesses and current ground plans/proposals;
- • Analysing traffic flow over the crossing (a 9 Day Survey is carried out);
- • Detailing options assessments for analysis using ALCRM;
- • Review historical misuse and trespass information over the crossing;
- • Facilitating optioneering workshops.
Our detailed risk assessment reports provide conclusions and recommendations that:
- • Detail the preferred option for the crossing considering risk reduction, operational savings and justified expenditure;
- • Discuss the residual risks and additional controls for the preferred option;
- • Consider all closure options including via over-bridge, underpass or diversionary route;
- • Provide recommendations for further risk reduction and improvements at the crossing.